Tuesday, March 25, 2014

My Grade 4s spent some time in early March learning about sequencing in reading.  We talked about where we would see sequencing in our reading, such as recipes, instruction manuals, and short stories.  We identified transition words that would help us when we read a text, such as first, after, and finally. Then I remembered something I pinned on Pinterest quite some time ago - sequencing in writing.  This tied in perfectly!  I gave each student a piece of bubble gum and as a class we came up with the basic steps for blowing a bubble gum bubble.  I then had the students go back to their writing and expand on their ideas, making sure they had clear transition words for each step.  Here is what our final writing piece looked like. 


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment