The Sochi Winter Games Are Almost Here!

Monday, January 20, 2014

I love watching the Winter Olympics.  I love hearing the athletes' stories.  I love watching CBC's coverage of the games.  I love watching reruns of events.  I love seeing the Canadian flag get raised.  I love the excitement.  I love hearing O Canada play.


Here are a few of my favourite Olympic moments:

~ Sidney Crosby scoring the gold medal goal for Canada's men's hockey team
~ Jamie Sale & David Pelletier winning silver at Salt Lake & then later getting their well-deserved gold 
~ the loonie under centre ice at the Salt Lake games
~ Catriona Lemay Doan skating with the Saskatchewan flag after winning her speed skating event
~ Scott Moir & Tessa Virtue winning a gold medal in ice dance

What are your memories?


I've put together a few Olympic goodies on my TpT store.  Here's a sneak peak:





I printed this poster set last week and got them laminated.  I plan to use them on my hall bulletin board with the research activity above.  Aren't the penguins adorable?




http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Winter-Olympic-Poster-Set-Canadian-Version-1057413


Thanks to these wonderful artists for helping me out with these products:
Font courtesy of JF Keep It Simple designed by Jackie Golden @
Background graphics by Lovin’ Lit @

Penguin graphics courtesy of Poppydreamz Digital Art @ http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/PoppydreamzDigitialArt

No comments:

Post a Comment